Teal Timber Windows has glass for every application from everyday clear glass to high-performance energy efficient glass and Double Glazed units (IGU Insulated Glass Unit).
High-performance energy efficient glass is designed to improve comfort levels in your home by reducing heat or cold transferred through the glass. High-performance energy-efficient glass also helps to reduce the penetration of UV rays into the home or building.
We also specialise in Acoustic (noise reduction) glass for domestic and commercial premises.
All glazing by Teal Windows is completed to Australian Standards (AS 1288). The glass is set on a bead of silicon and a timber glazing bead finishes the glazing.
The glass used is determined by either the BASIX rating and/or if you are in a bushfire prone area (AS3959).
The most common glass used includes:
- Clear – 3mm to 12mm in float glass or 4mm to 12mm in toughened.
- Clear – 6.38mm to 12.38mm laminated.
- Tinted – 4mm to 12mm and 6.38mm to 12.38mm in Grey / Bronze / Green.
- Translucent white laminate – 6.38mm or 10.38mm.
- Obscure Safety Glass comes in many different patterns and textures is supplied as toughened or laminated glass.
- High-Performance Glass – Low E types listed below:-
- SmartGlass 4mm and 6mm float or toughened.
- i) SP10 Clear Polaris also known as Energy Tech clear
- ii) SP30 Neutral Panoramic also known as SolTech natural.
iii) SP35 Grey Dusk also known as Energy Tech Grey
- Comfort Plus – 6.38mm and 10.38mm laminated available in slightly opaque clear, neutral, green and grey.
- E-Vantage 6mm float or toughened in clear, bronze, grey and blue-green.
- Super Grey – available in 4mm or 6mm
- Super Blue or Super Green – available in 4mm, 6mm or 10mm and can be fabricated into insulated units.
- V-lam Hush in:-
- i) Clear 6.5mm, 8.5mm, 10.5mm and 12.5mm.
- ii) Light Grey in 6.88mm.
iii) Translucent in 6.88mm.
- iv) Clear Comfort in 6.5mm.
- v) Neutral Comfort in 6.5mm.
The latest glass information, updates and product changes can be found at www.viridianglass.com